The working group coordinators are listed below
- Environment – Trish Mellor – email@example.com
- Community Café – Bev Burns – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Traffic & Transport – Helen Aust – email@example.com
- Community Activities/Amenities – Theresa Wilby-Hood – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Good neighbourhood scheme – Sheila Firthemail@example.com
- Youth & Children’s Facilities – Eric Hutchinson & Chris Jones -firstname.lastname@example.org
- Energy & Food – Mike Firth -email@example.com
- Community Safety – incl Neighbourhood Watch – Sue Bowyer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to see updates:
Something to shout about!
Update: May 2012
Following the launch of our Community Plan in January, which packed out Kirkheaton School Hall, the Working Groups have all begun working on their specific areas. Here are just some of the things that are being done.
Traffic and Transport Working group – Several keen volunteers have already joined this group. Promoting safer and more considerate parking and driving is a key concern, beginning with the areas around the school, Lascelles Hall Road and the junction of New Road/Bankfield.
- If you have concerns about the condition of specific roads/pavements in our area, please use our website to click on the link to Kirklees Highways, or phone one of our contact numbers. The Traffic and Transport working group will then be able to monitor what has been reported and follow it up if necessary. If you contact Kirklees Highways directly, please mention Yetton Together.
- In the longer term we have started to investigate suitable sites for safe crossing areas and improved signage.
- If you spot any HGVs driving through (not for access) please note the number and company name and contact us, via the website or telephone, so that we can take action.
Amenities & Activities – We now have a volunteer co-ordinator for the Good Neighbour Scheme and are looking for more people to join us.
Community Safety – As a result of an awareness raising meeting three further Neighbourhood Watch Schemes have been established in the village with one or two more in the pipe line.
- A Crime Prevention/ Personal Safety coffee morning is being planned for the summer. Crime prevention officers will be on hand to advise residents on personal and property safety and to etch post codes on bikes etc. Watch web site for details.
Environment – The Working group will be initially focusing on are:-
Dog fouling (see article); Highlighted footpath problems; Green spaces; improving Town top.
We welcome any thoughts and ideas to improve the area we live in
(Contact Trish at email@example.com)
Food & Energy – Exploring green spaces that could be used for allotments or growing schemes. We have visited Stirley Community Farm in Newsome to get further ideas.
Youth – Exploring the idea of setting up a Youth Forum possibly via the Facebook group we already have. Exploring ideas from people such as a drama group and skateboard park.