Click here to find out who are Kirkheaton’s community police teams. Also available on this site is a news round up for the area and a video.
To find out more about crime in our area go to the national police site

WARNING: There are increasing numbers of scams on unsuspecting people. Don’t be a victim. To find out how you can protect yourself read ‘The Little Book of Big Scams’ published by the Metropolitan Police. It’s full of helpful advice on how to avoid being caught out by tricksters and scammers. – See more at:

Local PACT meetings
What is PACT?
Click on the month to see the minutes of the meeting

There are also a number  Neighbourhood Watch groups operating within the village. Contact:: Dave Whitteron
Neighbourhood Watch Liaison Officer
Tel: (01484) 436840
for more information.

What is Neighbourhood Watch ?

 101 is the number to call when you want to contact your local police – when it’s less urgent than a 999 call. 101 is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

 When should I call 101?
You should call 101 to report less urgent crime and disorder or to speak to your local officers.

For example, you should call 101 if:

  • your car has been stolen
  • your property has been damaged
  • you suspect drug use or dealing in your neighbourhood
    Or to:
  • report a minor traffic collision
  • give the police information about crime in your area
  • speak to the police about a general enquiry

101 is being introduced as part of the government’s wider work to improve access to the police, ease pressure on 999, and help to efficiently and effectively tackle crime and disorder.

 What is the difference between 101 and 999?
You should continue to call 999 when it is an emergency, such as when a crime is in progress, when there is danger to life or when violence is being used or threatened.

What does it cost to call 101?
Calls to 101 (from both landlines and mobile networks) cost 15 pence per call, no matter what time of day you call, or how long you are on the phone.
Everyone calling the police for non-emergency matters will now know exactly how much a call will cost them, and can be assured of equal access whether they are on a pay-as-you-go mobile or a home landline.

Who will answer my 101 call?
Calls to 101 are answered by police call handlers in the control room of the local police force. This ensures that staff with local knowledge can answer and deal with the calls and respond appropriately.
You will not be put through to a large national call centre.
When you call 101, the system will determine your location and connect you to the police force covering that area. You will hear a recorded message announcing the police force you are being connected to. If you are on a boundary between two or more forces, the recorded message will give you a choice of which force to be connected to.

I am deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired, can I call 101?
Yes, you can textphone 18001 101.

What if English is not my first language?
Your local police have access to professional interpreters so they can quickly translate your call if you have difficulty speaking English.

What about reporting general nuisance or environmental issues?
You should continue to call your local council for things like:

  • reporting graffiti
  • dog fouling
  • abandoned vehicles
  • dumping and fly tipping
  • vandalism