- The project is well behind schedule and an extension will probably be sought
- Domestic waste tipping is due to start on completion of gas & water monitoring – probably Spring 2015
- There will be no changes to the approved footpaths unless land reinstatement make it necessary
- Restoration work around the edge of the site is continuing
- A cut-off ditch around the western and northern boundaries will be in place during 2014.
- Removal of existing woodlands (as per planning permission) will take place during the next 4-5 years
- A permit to treat and drain leachate into the sewage system has been obtained.
- On completion public access will only be permitted on designated footpaths and bridle ways
- Any permissive paths outside the boundary of the quarry will have to be negotiated with local land owners
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 25th June at 6:30 pm at the Parish Centre
A more detailed report can be seen at yettontogether.org and search ‘landfill’