School demolitionMany Yettoners are sadly watching the demolition of the old school and remembering their own school days. Some older villagers spent all their schooling there starting as infants and leaving  at 14 [up to 1944] or 15 years [1944 – 1972] to start work. Secondary aged children ceased to attend the school from 1966 and infant children in 1970.
There has been a school on or near the site since around 1600.
A new ‘National’ school was opened in 1845 on the site. The school as we now know it was built as an extension in 1917 when 373 children were on roll.
The site is owned by the parish church and plans for housing have been in place for a number of years.